Monday, April 9, 2012

               

               Sandy's Book List 2012 Continues

35.  THE EYE IF THE DRAGON by Stephen King*****Great story.I don't remember reading this when it came out.  I usually jump right on any new King novel. Don't know how I missed this one. 
I think it is fascinating that the evil in this book's name is Flagg and the evil in my favorite Stephen King book, THE STAND is also Flagg. Also the heroine in this book's name is Naomi and that is the name of his daughter in real life. Just saying.

36.  MILE 81 by Stephen King **** a Kindle short. Reminded me a little of CHRISTINE.

37.  MISS JULIA SPEAKS HER MIND by Ann B. Ross
***1/2  This is a series of books about a small town in North Carolina and its people.  Amusing, light reading.  You can practically read one of these books in a sitting.Carol had  9 of these Miss Julia books on her kindle so I read all. Give all of them a ***1/2
38. MISS JULIA STANDS HER GROUND
39.MISS JULIA PAINTS THE TOWN
40.MISS JULIA STRIKES BACK
41.MISS JULIA DELIVERS THE GOODS
42.MISS JULIA MEETS HER MATCH
43.MISS JULIA RENEWS HER VOWS
44.MISS JULIA'S SCHOOL OF BEAUTY
45.MISS JULIA ROCKS THE CRADLE

46.THE GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows****I saw this title on several Best Books of 2010 lists and wanted to read it.  Then Aunt Denise brought it to me awhile back and I just read it over Easter weekend.  A charming book consisting only of letters to and from different people during the German occupation of Guernsey Island. An uplifting story of survival after World War II. This book recognizes the bond that can be brought about by literature. I enjoyed this book.







1 comment:

  1. I've always wished Mama liked to read, I think she would love the Miss Julia series!

    ReplyDelete