Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Chris' favorite word of the week.

Hello Harrelson family blog.  This blog needs a little action, and I am bored in a Cleveland hotel room on the fourth of July.  I plan to update my own book list soon.  It will be short.  This spring and early summer I have been living with the Starks of Winterfell and the Lannisters of Casterly Rock,  non-stop on the Game of Thrones series.  There are five out already and they all approach a thousand pages so my updated list will be fairly short.  And if you haven't caught any of the HBO series based on these novels, do yourself a favor.  Like most HBO shows these are simply can't miss.  The Lannisters especially are extraordinarily cast and showcase some of the best acting I have seen in a long while (though I'm starting to realize this Breaking Bad thing on AMC is legit).  Anyway, I ramble, back to the point.  I check this blog a few times a week and am tired of not seeing much on it.  I know we can't read a book a week and update every time so I've decided to start posting my 'word of the week', specifically just a word I've come across while reading that sort of won't shake loose of the brain filter.  So, without further ado, my first favorite word of the week:

rev·e·nant

[rev-uh-nuhnt] Show IPA
noun
1. a person who returns.
2. a person who returns as a spirit after death; ghost.
 
 
As in .....    "Though he secretly loathed the city of Cleveland, Chris' company compelled him to return again and again, a revenant stalking the halls of the CatCenter."

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Chris! I would love to see more posts on this blog, and will try to write one up soon. I miss you and will be glad when you are home. I have a great birthday gift for you! Love your word, and the last line of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Chris! See my new post for my word of the week.

    ReplyDelete