Thursday, May 3, 2012

CAROL'S BOOK LIST, MARCH 21 THROUGH MAY2,2012


CAROL'S BOOK LIST MARCH 21 THROUGH MAY 2,2012

      22.  STILL ALICE,Lisa Genova*****Found my copy of this for AuntSandy,
but had to re-read it before I could take it to her.Love this book so much, think everyone should read it at least once.


23. THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, Stieg Larson*****
Wanted to re-read this series before I watched the movie, which Chris sent me this week.  Absolutely love all three of these books, so sad the author died before he finished his vision for this series. 

24.  THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE,Stieg Larson*****See above.

25.THE GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNETS NEST, Stieg Larson*****I know another 5 stars! I tend to re-read my favorite books alot, and these three are excellent.

26. SALEM'S LOT, Stephen King*****Another re-read, Chris sent me a bunch of old Stephen King novels that I haven't  read in years.  I remember reading this as a teenager and falling in love with King, one of my all time favorite authors.

27.  HEARTS IN ATLANTIS,Stephen King****Just finished this one, haven't read it in so long I forgot how it ended, great book about the sixties.

28.  A WALK IN THE WOODS, Bill Bryson *****One of my favorite books, re-read it seeing that Sandy enjoyed it, just recommended it to Kevin.

29. NOBODY'S FOOL, Richard Russo**** Read on Sandy's Kindle, great story, great characters.

30.  FREEDOM, Jonathan Franzen**** Read on Sandy's Kindle, really enjoyed this lots of family drama

31.  BLACK HEELS AND TRACTOR WHEELS, Ree Drummond*** Fun story by The Pioneer Woman, one of my favorite blogs, story of her romance and marriage with her cattle rancher husband.

32. FIRESTARTER, Stephen King*****One of my favorite King stories, anothjer re-read from the books Chris loaned me.

33.  THE SHINING, Stephen King*** This one is not one of my favorites, I think the movie ruined it for me.                           

4 comments:

  1. I also loved all of these books except Still Alice and Black Heels. I am going to start Still Alice tonight. I haven't read Ree's book but I have been reading her blog for years and know all I need to know about her and Marlboro Man! I love her food and photography.
    The first time I read Salem's Lot I think I was about 14 years old and we lived at 308 ohio ave Etowah. I was up late reading this book and everyone in the house was sleeping. I had to go down the hall to the bathroom in the middle of the night and I couldn't put it down so I took the book with me. I was so scared of going back down that long hall that I just couldn't go back to my room again and I slept with my book in the bathtub til after daylight! This was the first King novel I ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for updating mom, love to see what you are reading. Curious what you thought of the dragon tattoo movie? I thought it was pretty excellent other than a few particularly brutal, skincrawling scenes. See you are being a true 'constant reader' and catching up on some older King. Very nice, isn't it similar to stretching out in a comfortable, sprung old chair? Or pleasure riding down a road where you know every minor curve and bump by heart?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chris, I did like the movie, I thought they did great with casting, the rape scene was horrific though. And yes, I love re-reading favorite books, it has always been such a comfort to me, to sit down with an old familiar book and step right back into the past along with the characters. Whenever I am particularly stressed out I always find myself picking up old beloved books, and if I am actually depressed, you will even find me re-reading children's books from childhood, very comforting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, I love the way you write! My love of re-reading favorites is why my house has dozens of packed up boxes hardbacked books. All of PopPop's book collection is there too. You and I need to go over there sometime and go through them and see if there are any you want to have for your library. I am trying to simplify my life and am willing to release some of my hoard. I want Kevin to go through them too. Lauren or Meg might want some.

    ReplyDelete